Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gabriel Noah King


Here is the precious little Gabriel, born September 3rd of this year. Ben and I traveled down to St. George and spent a glorious week with our grandchildren. The night before Gabriel was born, Ben helped Seth give Jessica a blessing (as she was a week overdue). In the blessing, Ben reminded Jessica that she has always been a strong girl through adversity; he mentioned her club feet as an infant and all the surgeries she went through. Immediately I felt an impression that Jessica's baby would have the same problem. The next morning, when Seth called from the hospital and said that their little boy was born with one severely club foot, I was thankful for the premonition. I could offer words of encouragement, instead of tearfully breaking down at the thought of the long road of casts, braces, and surgeries ahead. Jessica and Seth are amazingly strong through it all, and Gabriel is progressing beautifully.

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

My handsome boys! Seth looks a bit like Edward from Twilight with that hair! :) Thanks, Mom and Dad for your support through birth & clubfootedness and for helping me feel peaceful about the whole thing.